For the past 30 years Eastbourne EBP has been delivering work-related activities that enhance teaching and student learning outcomes and contribute to economic growth and prosperity in the area.
Eastbourne EBP is an independent registered charity working closely with Eastbourne Borough Council and Chamber of Commerce to help broker partnership support and contribute to workforce planning. We represent ‘Learning & Skills’ on the Eastbourne Strategic Partnership and support the ‘Eastbourne Jobs Hub’.
Dr Steven Goss-Turner, Chair of Eastbourne EBP, writes, “The partnership between education and the business community is often characterised by good intentions on both sides but a lack of tangible outcomes. Eastbourne EBP is a striking example of an initiative which provides the medium for achieving mutually beneficial outcomes. This is recognised by its sixth ‘High Impact’ award for Eastbourne Youth Radio in 2014 and an Eastbourne Achievers Award for ‘Services to Education’ in 2013 but more significantly by the enthusiasm and the learning generated by the collaboration of students, teachers and business leaders.”
Our Events Programme for 2016 includes:
- In-Bloom Planting, 9th June
- Young Chef Finals (Years 7-10), 23rd June
- Junior Engineers Challenge (Year 2), 4th July
- Junior Enterprise Challenge (Year 4), 10th October
- Eastbourne Youth Radio – www.eyr.org.uk (Years R-13), 16th-18th November
- Pantomime Technology Challenge (Years 4-5), 2nd December
Already planed for 2017 are;
- The Big Futures Show – bigfutureshow.org.uk (Years 9-12), 22nd March
Eastbourne Education Business Partnership Ltd registered in England Number: 7625660 – Registered Charity Number: 1149634 – VAT Reg GB 229 4026 17